Friday, May 16, 2014
Obsessions: Coconut Oil
Do you have that one product or that one thing that you use all the time?
My friends, I love coconut oil.
I love the fact that it's a natural product, it's safe for my daughter in case she was to ever ingest it, it smells wonderful, it tastes great when used in things, et cetera et cetera.
Here's just a taste of what I use it for:
- Moisturizer. After I wash my face, shave my legs, or even just to touch up dry skin spots. It works and smells amazing.
- Everything baby. Seriously. Everytime Ellie takes a bath I lather her up in coconut oil afterwards. It has been great for cradle cap, diaper rashes, regular rashes, and even when her legs were incredibly dry. I love that if she were to somehow get it in her mouth, it's okay! It's a natural product that doesn't contain a million unpronounceable chemicals.
- Butter replacement. Want to make a recipe healthier? Replace butter with coconut oil. Tastes amazing. It's even great on top of popcorn. No joke.
- Any oil/fat replacement really. We've used it to grease pans (instead of olive oil or butter or spray), replace butter in cookies, and sautee veggies (especially when they're going to be in a curry, the coconut oil adds a yummy new flavor to it).
- Eye makeup remover. It really does remove mascara and eyeliner. I use it every time I wear mascara.
- Scars. I'm still a work in progress on this particular subject, but I have heard that it works really well to clear up scars and such. I was blessed by my daughter with beautiful stretch marks. I heard that coconut oil can help them fade. I'll let you know if it's a success (in a few years, probably).
Do you use coconut oil for anything else? Or do you have that ONE thing you have to use?