Saturday, November 26, 2011

Goals. And life as I know it.

I have finally finished my list of 101 goals to complete in 1,001 days! I'm excited! This may be, however, the organized/list-making side of me being on a kick right now. Anyways, it was fun making my list! It was also fun being able to mark some items as being in progress :)

Life so far has been at a stand-still for the past few months. Nick and I aren't really doing anything worth writing about. Nick has a few bands on the west side he's part of, but getting over there doesn't happen all the time and the pay isn't too great. Our goal for next year/whenever we can afford to do it is to go to the west side so that Nick can be closer to Seattle.

I have also come to the conclusion that I don't really like subbing. I enjoy teaching kids and working with them. Some of the classes that I have been to have been great, but there are some that I just don't like going to. I have been keeping a journal to write notes in for myself because the experiences I've had substitute teaching so far have been really beneficial. I've learned what I don't like, what I can tolerate, and what I want in my future classroom. I've also learned some great management tools.

Therefore, I have decided that I'm not going to try and shoot for just public school teaching. I'm looking into teaching preschool and even at Head Start programs. I actually have found 2 jobs teaching preschool on the west side. I think that for me, and for our financial benefit, me finding a full time job would be the best thing to do for us. I'll probably still apply for public school jobs come the time to apply for them, but I've applied to way too many schools and have received nothing in return besides letters of regret.

That is the plan for life at the moment and we'll see just where God decides to lead us.

Enjoy the list :)

Alison

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts? Comments? Leave them for me!