Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Holiday Blog Challenge: Day 2


Day 2 of this Fabulous Holiday Blog Challenge! Two days in a row of posts. Did I mention before that I'm excited to be blogging again? Anyways, day 2!

Today's topic is favorite holiday tradition new or old.

Alright, my husband's family does some pretty great things. I never knew you could do this when I was growing up, but you can pay a fee to get a permit and you can cut down a tree in the forest. Why haven't I done this before?!

So each year his family takes a few sleds and a saw and drives up the mountains a ways to cut down a Christmas tree. We usually end up running around and playing in the snow most of the time before we search. Last year we found a great hill to sled down. I think we spent a few hours sledding.

When you go up there you have a whole forest to pick from! Needless to say, you can get pretty picky with your Christmas tree. This will be the first year that my hubby and I will get our own tree. YAY! :)

That is my favorite holiday tradition. I'm so glad to be part of it!

What's your favorite?

1 comment:

  1. We cut ours down from a tree frame but that's really cool about the permit! I'm sure there are some really nice trees to choose from!

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts? Comments? Leave them for me!