Thursday, September 5, 2013

Complaint Department


It's 5 am and I'm blogging. Why?  Because I'm an awake, emotional, pregnant mess and I need to just let it out someway.

The past few nights I've had contractions.  Last night's were even stronger than before. But somehow, when I try to sleep in between to get rest for the big moment, they disappear. I originally go to sleep because I know that when they get strong enough I'll wake up and it'll be time. THE time we've been waiting for.  But does it happen? No.  
Instead I just wake up 20 times in the middle of the night hoping to feel at least one little contraction or a huge painful one (the ultimate goal).

I already know that I shouldn't be stressing about it. She'll come when she's ready.  Just be patient.  Perfection takes time. You can't force labor to start.

And I know all of this is true.

But I just need to complain. We're both so ready for this little girl to get here and we can't help but get a little anxious/excited when there's a possibility of her arriving into this world.

So for now let me vent, and my husband and I will just try to take life one day at a time. One walk, one date, one hopeful contraction at a time.

2 comments:

  1. Aw man! I can't imagine how freaking FRUSTRATING that must be!!! It's not really fair to have contractions if something's not gonna happen as a result, y'know??

    I vote you find ways to distract yourself. You know...get out of the house, find things to do so you're not thinking about it all the time. That's what I'd have to do or I'd go crazy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh. I can only imagine how terrible that is. I agree with Angi, contractions with no baby at the end are just cruel.

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts? Comments? Leave them for me!