Thursday, February 5, 2015

Stuff and Things: 2/5


Linking up with Kristin and Joey

+ Winter?  Are you real?  No.  I don't think so.


+ Apparently we over here in Washington may get to vote on keeping or not keeping daylight savings time.  This better happen.  Do you know how much fun it will be to NOT have to change clocks and change my daughter's sleep schedule?  Too much.

+ You guys blog too much.  I can't keep up.  I want to comment all the time.  Keep up the relationship-building, but man if I try to at least once a week I have about 30 blog posts to go through! How do you make time for it all?!


+ I know I'm late, but Mad Men has me.  I'm sucked in.  I'm still trying to decide if I like Don or hate him.  I keep going back and forth.  Sometimes he lets a little sweet side slip, but most of the time he's kind of a jerk.  Betty, on the other hand, is crazy and she drives ME crazy.

+ Speaking of shows, Parenthood's finale killed me.  That show brings my hormonal girl side out.  I can't help the tears that swell up at least once an episode.

+ Ellie is ...sigh... growing too fast.  She's developing a personality and quirks.  I love it!  So far she has shown that she has her mother's OCD tendencies.  She cleans up and LIKES it.  Yes, you heard me right.  My 17 month old likes to clean up!  I don't know how this happened, but she will do it even when she's not asked to.  Sometimes she'll see a toy or kitchen item (best toys around) and she'll put it back.  Even if it's not what she was playing with at the time.

She also will lay out her stacking buckets so that they are all facing the same way.  It's amazing.  I don't know if this is something I should be celebrating or fearing.  What if I've created a crazy OCD child? I don't know if I can handle myself and my daughter.  Poor Nick...

+ I'm attempting to wake myself early in the morning to workout before Ellie wakes up.  No one told her that she needs to sleep past 7.  Can you tell her that that's what good kids do?  Anyways, I'm debating trying out a video service thing like Daily Burn.  Anybody use that or something similar?  I get so bored using the same workout video all the time.

+ I'm slowly, slowly, slowly getting through my Blogging for Books book.  It's slow and just not peaking my interest.  Maybe I should just write that as a review...

+ I wish is was Friday.  Friday means that it's only one more day until our Whistler getaway.

Happy day before Friday!

7 comments:

  1. Reason #2340982348123 I need to move back to Washington. Even the thought of not having to deal with daylight savings makes me giddy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Possibly no DST?!?! I am so jealous!! I despise it so much, and I never even thought about how miserable it must be with kids. That's just cruel.

    MAD MEN! I adore it. You will continue to hate and love Don through the whole show. I've never liked Betty. Isn't she awful?

    I sobbed my eyes out during the Parenthood finale. Oh my heavens.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've tried so many different times to get into Mad Men, maybe I need to give it a shot again.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What book did you get? I just got the Abe Lincoln one and I can't remember why I thought it was a good idea...Kind of like a textbook.

    Oh Mad Men. It might be my favorite ever. It's just enthralling. What season are you on? In addition to going back and forth about Don, I always went back and forth about feeling bad for Betty.

    I have a very short list of blogs I comment on. I skim a bunch but only comment if I feel moved to do so. I haven't even been getting through the Stuff and Things list the last couple of weeks :/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wish Oregon would get rid of DST. I am not looking forward to Gracie's naps etc

    ReplyDelete
  6. I wish Oregon would get rid of DST. I am not looking forward to Gracie's naps etc

    ReplyDelete
  7. I miss the west coast "winter". So jealous.

    It is hilarious that Ellie likes cleaning up! Your child is a superstar and you deserve a giant sticky star for your epic parenting skills. Amazing!

    No daylight savings here in Saskatchewan. It's wonderful if not a little confusing when the world is suddenly on a different schedule than us. I hope everyone gives up on it!

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts? Comments? Leave them for me!