Monday, November 18, 2013

Miscellany Monday

As a way to build myself up to blogging more regularly, I'm taking an idea from Kristin and am going to start hopefully be doing a weekly random post.  Let it begin... Hey, it's still Monday!

 
- Date nights now consist of going out to eat somewhere and then running as many errands as I can convince Nick to do. No one tells you how stressful and difficult shopping can be when your baby won't sit quietly in the car seat while in the cart. Nope. She must be rocked or swung in order to not hate the car seat. Therefore, carrying her AND shopping at the same time is a two person job that can only last about 1 or 2 stores. I miss grocery shopping.

- I now spend way too much time cooing and playing with my daughter. Okay, maybe not too much time, but a lot of time. I try and make lists of things I want to accomplish, but my day just gets sucked away with playing when she's in a good mood and feeding/attempting to get her to fall asleep when she's not.

Family selfie in the bathroom! Oh yes.


- It's incredibly difficult to blog about things that don't relate to my baby.  This is mainly because I only work super part-time (3 hours a week part-time) and my days revolve around this little girl.

- Speaking of work, it's been fun getting back into the swing of teaching.  I'm not really teaching, just assisting the band director at a private school here, but this has already led to a maternity leave substitute job in music and a possible addition to my part-time job next school year.  SCORE!

- Part-time work has spoiled me.  I don't want to work full-time again.  I really enjoy being able to hang out with Ellie most of the week and spending time with Nick when he has off.  It really is an amazing thing.  Now, if I can only keep this up so I only work part-time until my kids start high school.  Homeschooling is my goal.

- I came up with an awesome blog name, but Nick thinks it's ridiculous.  Listen to this: Three Scoops of Granola.  It's incredible, right?  I thought so, too.  But my husband finds it too silly.  I guess we'll just stick with Just Sayin' for now. I'll find a use for that name someday. Maybe I should trademark it so you don't steal it!

3 comments:

  1. I love the family selfie! And part-time work is by far my favorite kind. Even Angel's full-time job seems part time, he only works 3 days a week--he's away from home 14 hours on those days, but the rest of the days of the week we're both free for errands or traveling, spending time with family and house projects. Hurray for homeschooling! Far more fun. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this new layout!! The colors are so pretty and I need to know the name of that font. ;)

    As a fellow part-time hippie I think "Three Scoops of Granola" is brilliant.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys are a precious family. :) Love the photo.

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts? Comments? Leave them for me!