Monday, November 25, 2013

Miscellany Monday: Late night edition


- Ellie's baptism was this weekend!  She did surprisingly well for being extremely tired the whole time and being awoken suddenly with warm water in the baptismal font.  And her godmother (Nick's sister Emilia) was a baby professional.



- As you can see from above, my little point-and-shoot camera is dying.  I need a new one.  Can I buy myself a Christmas present early?


- Speaking of Christmas presents, Nick got me mine early and I'm SO excited about it.  A Patagonia puffy!!  (See? TWO exclamation points excited)  It's so incredibly warm and cozy.  I can now survive outside in the cold and not feel a thing.  Why did it take me so long to get a coat this nice?

http://distilleryimage3.ak.instagram.com/7d6614d44ef511e3817312914a2db17c_8.jpg


- Christmas Unicorn by Sufjan has been stuck in my head for the past 5 days.  Nick really likes it (so does Ellie) and we've listened to it many many many times.  I'm warning you, it will probably get stuck in your head too.


- Sharknado.  A movie about sharks being swept up in a hurricane/tornado and wreaking havoc on California.  It exists on Netflix.  Curiosity got the best of us, and my boss and I decided to watch a little bit of it on our break from classes.  Oh. My. Gosh.  It's ridiculous.  The worst acting, the worst script, and the worst special effects I've ever seen.  It was hilarious.  And I couldn't stop watching for about 20 minutes.  Then I had to because it was just terrible.


- Ellie is now 11 weeks.  Once again, too fast.  It's all happening too fast.



- Christmas gifts are much more difficult when you have a child.  Seriously.  It takes MORE planning than normal and somehow, I did not plan enough ahead of time. Especially if you want to do homemade gifts and have a difficult time finding the right gift for your husband.  The man wants too many specific expensive things!

2 comments:

  1. I cannot BELIEVE she is 3 months old already!!! Time flies.

    Um, you NEED to finish Sharknado. Nothing can prepare you for the ending. We almost died of laughter during that movie too but it's worth it to finish, I swear.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, I hope Netflix Canada has Sharknado because I've heard so much about it.

    Also, it looks like Nick was wearing a bulletproof vest at Ellie's baptism. Ready for anything!

    I can't even handle how adorable your baby is. And that smile! Who needs hair to look good?

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts? Comments? Leave them for me!