Thursday, January 8, 2015

Hello, Goodbye

2014 was quite a year. 

+ Ellie had her first birthday.  Along with her first teeth, first crawls, first steps, first words, first kisses (giving), first swings, first slides, first camping trip, first self-feedings with a spoon, and a million more.  I can't keep track!


+ I started a part-time job teaching music at a K-8 christian school.  It took awhile to get used to, but I absolutely love it.  And by "it" I mean the kids, the staff, and the community.  I get to have fun being a teacher part-time and I also get to be home with my daughter the rest of the time.  Definitely a win-win for us.

+ I had the amazing opportunity to fly to Japan for my friend's wedding in Tokyo.  Amazing.

+ I was able to NOT give up blogging.  Something that I was worried would happen for awhile, but alas.  I miss the conversations and people way too much. 



And here's to 2015.  A year that...

...is starting off debt-free!  Aww yeah.  We paid off the last of our car loan yesterday.  I don't think it has fully sunk in yet, but what fun this is going to be!  We've been following the Dave Ramsey method for the most part and now the rest of our adulthood is going to be debt-free, except for a mortgage, but that's a different story.  Here's to saving up for a house!

...is beginning with a very talkative and toddling toddler.

...includes our FIRST ever weekend getaway sans baby to Whistler!! My Christmas present from Nick and I'm BEYOND excited!  Did I mention that we are going in February, have free snowshoes, AND I've never been to Whistler before.  

...will allow us to see our favorite band, Punch Brothers, in Seattle! Yeeesssss!

...will be another crazy journey with each new thing that goes on, including Nick going back to school to become a surgical tech!

3 comments:

  1. Wow that trip to Japan sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, you MUST post a thousand pictures of Whistler when you get back. I've never been there either, weirdly - what a great Christmas present!!

    I personally am very glad you didn't completely give up blogging :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. WHISTLER!!!

    Just kidding. I've been there once. But. You must love it. Have all of the fun. It's so B.C. I loves the west coast. Loves it.

    And Ellie's so big! Crazy! She is adorable. She looks like such a fun kid. And so goofy!

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts? Comments? Leave them for me!