It's hilarious, snarky, witty, inappropriate at times, dramatic at times, and just... great.
One of the best parts of the show is the opening scene. A lot of the magic and, in my opinion, some of my favorite moments of the show, happen in that 1-5 minute window.
These are just a few of my favorites. There are SO many openings (or cold opens as they call it) that I couldn't just put all of them and I know there are a few that I'm missing that are equally just as good. Share them with me if I'm missing an extremely memorable one!
1. One of the greatest moments, and if you're a fan I'm sure you'll agree, is when Jim impersonates Dwight.
2. Who can forget when Parkour became "in"? Well, no one makes fun of it better than Andy, Michael, and Dwight. Hardcore parkour!
|I miss Michael Scott.|
3. I LOVE the fire drill scene. It's probably one of the longest scenes they did, but it is amazing. Dwight causes a fire to teach a lesson and in turn, the whole office goes into every-man-for-himself panic mode. And even better, Kevin breaks the vending machine to get all the food out of it and Angela throws her cat into the ceiling. The whole scene is pure genius.
4. I love Jim and Dwight pranks (who doesn't?). Another great prank Jim did was to send faxes from "future Dwight" to present day Dwight. "Dwight" warns himself to not drink the coffee because it gets poisoned. It's just another hilarious prank.
5. This one is on here because it is hilariously sad. It is the opening where Kevin brings his famous chili, that he worked on all night, to the office to share with everyone. He ends up spilling it all on the carpet and tries to save it. It's one of those scenes where you aren't sure whether to laugh or cry.
6. And, my all-time favorite Office opening is when they are in a meeting waiting for the DVD logo to hit the corner of the TV. Just watch it for yourself and tell me you didn't laugh your butt off.
What are your favorites?