Linking up with Kristin and Joey
It's only 5 days until my school's Christmas concert (which means I'm pulling my hair and holding my breath until then), 7 days until Christmas break, 14 days until Christmas, and 24 days until Christmas break is over and it's back to school. Sheesh!
I wasn't planning on blogging tonight, but I was inspired by Angi and Kristin. And the fact that these types of surveys bring me back to my middle school/high school years.
4 names people call you other than your real name:
1. Mrs. Sokol
2. Mrs. Circle
3. Ali (all the time in HS, hardly ever now)
4 jobs I've had:
1. Pea combine driver. Oh yes, a gigantic harvesting machine.
3. Berry sorter (hard not to do in my neck of the woods growing up)
4. Teacher (including substitute)
4 movies you've seen more than once:
1. The Holiday
2. Lord of the Rings
3. Pride and Prejudice
4. Les Miserables
4 Books I'd Recommend:
1. Little Bee by Chris Cleave
2. Anything by Sherman Alexie
3. Room by Emma Donoghue (incredibly crazy, but well done!)
4. Dad is Fat by Jim Gaffigan
Honestly though, I haven't read many books since becoming a mom and teacher. It's quite sad, actually.
4 places I've lived:
Okay, but seriously?
1. Ellensburg, WA
2. Lynden, WA
I'm a VERY diverse person you know.
4 places you've visited:
1. Portland, OR
2. Mazatlan, Mexico
3. Disneyland - yes.
4. Kaua'i, Hawaii
4 places you'd rather be right now:
2. Anywhere where I can sleep in past 7. That'd be nice.
3. Hiking, but in summer weather
4 things I don't eat:
4. Clams - or really any of those mollusk-y raw seafoods
4 of my favorite foods:
1. Really good burgers
2. Pizza from Goat Mountain Pizza. The BEST pizza ever.
3. Strawberries - and all fruits that go well with strawberries
4. Ice cream. It will always have a place in my heart, no matter how much I loathe it for being unhealthy.
4 TV shows I watch:
1. Mad Men
2. Downton Abbey
3. The Walking Dead
4. Parenthood (I'm a sucker for cheesy dramas when I start them)
4 Things I'm looking forward to this year:
1. Christmas break!
2. Ellie walking - her record is about 10 steps!!
3. Many family vacations this summer
4. Experiencing new things with a toddler! I'm incredibly excited to take her places where she can walk and explore herself.
4 Things I'm always saying:
1. Any sound my daughter makes/says (it's hard not to when she's the only one around sometimes)
2. I really like how [insert student's name] is [insert good behavior] (always to my students. Always.)
3. Awesome (I say it wherever it fits. Maybe a little too often)
4. Whatever song fits with the situation (i.e. driving home the long way and I'll sing "Take the Long Way Home..")