Friday, March 22, 2013

Sick Friday.

I think I'm getting sick.

It was bound to happen though.  I've been hanging out with a 4 year old who has had a cough all week.  Have I mentioned that when she wipes her nose with a tissue, she grabs the tissue and just drags it from her nose to her forehead.  It's very funny, but very gross all at once.  She'll get there someday...

I've also been snuggling with a semi-sick 3 month old as well about twice a week.  It's so hard not to.


But, can I first just state how awful it is being sick while pregnant?  Have I mentioned that before?  The only thing I can take is Tylenol and cough drops.

So, in response to my imminent sickness I wanted to share with you what makes me feel better when I'm feeling sick and not so great and can't take Nyquil or any other cold dulling drugs.


1.  Smoothies. We try to have smoothies everyday, but of course we slack sometimes.  It makes you feel good even when you're not sick. 
When I'm sick though, I like to load up my smoothie with oranges and extra spinach.  Here's to lots of yummy vitamins!



2.  Tea.  Especially with honey.  I love tea.  I love that I can have it when I'm pregnant.  I also love what honey, especially GOOD honey, can do to a tea.  I'm thinking lemon tea will do some good today.  Time to go start my teapot.

3.  A cozy couch with warm blankets.  This is me.  While I write this.  All I want when I'm sick is to melt onto the couch, with a nice and warm blanket, the things listed above, and my computer or a good movie.  That's all I need and I will just lay there forever.  Or until my bladder yells at me for drinking too much tea/water.

4.  Time wasters.  The only way to get through a sickness is to waste your time away.  I mean, it's not like I want to be productive or am even going to be productive, so why bother?  That's why my computer is so nice to me when I'm sick.  I can waste my life away on great websites, like the newest found time waster: Buzzfeed (thanks to Angi).  And Twitter.  And Pinterest.  And everything else you could think of. 

Don't think I'm all about pointless and mindless time wasters.  I do enjoy reading, watching movies, and playing video games.  Ok, video games aren't really any better, but you get the idea.  Anything to take my mind off of the fact that I'm actually sick. 

So, today I'm going to make myself some warm tea and melt onto the couch.  Until, of course, I have to go pick up Nick from work and go make dinner for some family members.  It's a good thing I'm only partially sick right now.  I better start drinking my orange juice...


PS.  Here's some nice time wasters to help you waste your Friday away with me.


Such as these videos:

 Hahaha.  Rice a Roni.  A serious meal.

 I love Nick Offerman.


And all of these. 

 http://d2tq98mqfjyz2l.cloudfront.net/image_cache/1312637651360121.jpg



 




1 comment:

  1. Ugh..sorry you're getting sick. But glad you have lots of things to keep you busy. Buzzfeed is so addicting! I hope you get some good relaxing in today, and feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts? Comments? Leave them for me!