Monday, December 9, 2013
- We took Ellie up snowshoeing for the first time yesterday. Well, we had the intention of taking her out snowshoeing. We remembered everything (even double-checked), including the snowshoes, but somehow forgot the baby carrier. So that meant we had to carry her the whole time. A lot more work than it seems.
There actually wasn't much snow in the area where we were going either, so we just ended up hiking around to see how she would do out in the cold.
She did surprisingly well (even with my motherly worries bugging Nick the whole time) and stayed really warm in her warm puffy.
- I'm still working on our Christmas card. A little late, don't ya think? *Sigh* We'll get there.
- I love Christmas music. Especially when it's simple and not overly embellished (like a lot of these modern pop ones). My all-time favorite Christmas albums are done by: Sufjan Stevens, Ella Fitzgerald, Vince Guaraldi Trio (the Charlie Brown Christmas), Harry Connick Jr., Frank Sinatra, and Bing Crosby (of course).
- Nick and I discussed our 5-year plan yesterday. If everything goes really well (right...) then we will be debt-free and may be on our way to owning a piece of land and designing a house. Note: not just any house, but a cob house. An eco-friendly house. The idea just seems even better the more we discuss it and research it.
- This Blues Brothers lego re-creation is amazing. People have a lot of patience and a lot of free time. But that's okay with me if it entertains me.
- I don't really have anything else today. My brain is fried and I'm hungry. Ask me again next week.