Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Gorgeous!

It is beautiful out here in the PNW (Pacific Northwest for those not from here). 

Look at this view from our living room window!


Yup!  That's Mt. Baker.  Isn't it awesome?

I love living out here.  Especially when it's not raining.

This week (since Friday) has been and is supposed to be super sunny and nice.  Mid 60s most of the days.  I'm very excited.

Anyways, just a brief recap of the last few days since I vanished from the blog world for awhile.  Oops!

Nick and I did a 5k on Saturday with my mom, my friend and her husband.  It was so much fun!  It was even more fun because I had just got some new running shoes for my birthday.  Side note: Have you noticed that birthdays past 21 are all boring and uneventful?  Seriously.  I turned 24 last week and I almost forgot that it was my birthday until someone wished me Happy Birthday.  Getting older isn't that exciting anymore.  Sigh... ha!

Anyways, I got some AWESOME Brooks running shoes.  They weigh about 6 ounces each.  Check them out:

Aren't they cute and fun?!  Yes.

My mom and I walked/jogged the 5k and we actually improved our time by a lot!  Our last 5k we walked it in 45 min. and this race we made it in 37 minutes!  Pretty sweet if I do say so myself.

Mom and I after the race!
Nick and I after the race!

My husband's friend came over Saturday evening and we went to the arboretum in town and they did some rock climbing/bouldering while I finished my Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close novel.  (Great read by the way) 

Just chillin' on top of a rock







Sunday was spent hanging out around the house while my husband and his friend went out rock climbing again.  Then we spent the rest of the evening/afternoon with family.


Monday we went outside to enjoy the 65 degree weather that so wonderfully came out for us.  My husband just got a slackline and so he was trying it out in different places of our yard while I enjoyed the sun and did some catching up on the computer and playing some much needed crosswords (my secret love is puzzles and word games).





We also got some new plants and so I replanted them and now look at our little plant families!

Basil - Aloe - Jade tree
Mint - Chives - Thyme - Parsley - Oregano - Rosemary
 They are my babies.  So cute!

Anyways, I also got a bird feeder this past week with some birthday money.

One of the worst things in the world is waiting for birds to find your bird feeder.  Seriously! I put it up and it's been 3 days.  They still haven't found it (as far as I know), but the squirrels have.  Except the squirrels can't figure out how to access the bird food, ha ha!

Tuesday we played some much needed tennis at the local courts.  It was pretty fun.  My husband is good at tennis and I'm still a newbie, so he tends to cream me at it, but it's all about having fun, right?


This post was much longer than needed, but that's okay.

We're getting our new car rack today and that means more adventures this week!  Until next time...

1 comment:

  1. I so wanted to do the Haggen to Haggen, but my husband came home from working out of town, and I figured I better spend sometime with him. hehe. So what's a slack line? Kinda like a tight rope? Or just to practice balance?

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts? Comments? Leave them for me!