Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Oh, How Pinterestingly Autumnish.

It has been waaaay too difficult finding/figuring out cute fall decor while not including halloween-y things.  I'd really rather not have my house look like a haunted or cutely-haunted house. 

Pinterest has been a little kind to me whilst I search for these decorations, but honestly, it hasn't done that much good.  I'm still at a loss on what I should do with cute pumpkins or even a bunch of fall leaves.

I even had to call in Google to do some decor hunting for me.  Yeah, Google.  It didn't do so well either.  It's too overwhelming to see a million pumpkins staring at me from someone's overly cute porch.  I don't even really have a porch.

I did, however, find some good ideas on Pinterest that I think I may be trying.  What do you think?


I love the twine and acorns.  I bet I could find lots of those around here.



Source: bhg.com via Alison on Pinterest



I have plenty of candle holders from the wedding.  Maybe I'll make good use of them...



Hammering leaves to get the color.  Love it!  




Source: google.com via Alison on Pinterest



I really want to make a wreath this year.  I like a couple of these.


I like this one, too.  Except not in purple.  My husband will thank me later.
Source: etsy.com via Alison on Pinterest



That's what I'm pinning.  I'm going to try and get some of these things done this week/next week and I'll hopefully have something fall festive in my house.

Do you have any good fall decor ideas?


7 comments:

  1. Love those little votives with the sticks! I need to figure out how to make some of those:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So crafty! Love your blog and all your pins!! My favorote is the stick candle holder! So winter feely! Have an amazing wednesday!

    xoxo Yesi @ For Miami and Love <33

    http://formiamiandlove.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh pretty! I wish I had more time for DIY!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all the ideas you found! I'm with you - I can't stand Halloween decorations. They're just not...cute to me. Or pretty. Or anything. I hate Halloween in general.

    That said - I bought some mini pumpkins the other day, along with some glitter spray and glitter glue from the craft store and I'm fully intending on doing something fun with them soon - I also saw this cool thing where someone took a glass candle holder, filled it with unpopped popcorn (so basically mini corn kernels) and then stuck a candle in it, I thought that looked pretty cute...

    Can't wait to see what you end up making!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. so many cute ideas!

    xo, sarah grace

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all of those Fall decorations! We definitely don't have a shortage of acorns or sticks around here :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. I miss my crafting buddy! I love all the ideas and can't wait to see what you create. I am making a rag wreath right now too with scrap fabric (google that). It's kind of like we are doing a project together. LOL P.S. How's the wedding scrapbook?

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts? Comments? Leave them for me!