Sunday, December 30, 2012

Oh, hello!

Just back in for a little "hello" and update of our week.

I haven't really been up to blogging lately because we've been busy jumping around spending time with families and now we have my sister in law and a friend over 'til the new year. If I don't blog until the new year, you know why.  It's not that I don't hate you all.

Christmas was very busy, but it was good.  We spent the morning with my dad, breakfast with my grandparents and extended family, then dinner with my mom.  The day after Christmas we took the 4 hour drive across the mountains to spend a few days with the in-laws.

We got a lot of homemade goodies from our family and, well, I'll share more on gifts later when we're done hanging out, unpacking, and get back to normal life.

We had some fun playing in the snow, though.


We went snowshoeing for the first time up on Mt. Baker.  The first trail was hard because we had to cut through a foot and a half of fresh powder.




Of course my husband said we had to do it.  It wouldn't be that hard.  Typical Nick.

We didn't go that far, but it was incredibly peaceful and serene. 


Later, we drove down the mountain and found a sno-park with a snowshoe trail that had been used all day.  It was so much better.  Not having to cut through new snow and just walking through a winter wonderland is so much more fun and more enjoyable.



 Left: my husband, the snow-ninja.

We also did some fun sledding with the in-laws later on.



And, I re-learned that my husband is crazy. 

Here's the proof.
Why yes, he is somersaulting down the hill in the bottom left. Proof.




4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous snow pics! We actually got snow in TX on Christmas Day, but unfortunately don't have anywhere to go sledding!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We went sledding up at Baker the day after Christmas. The kids loved it, but I almost died! Trying to climb back up the hill after sledding was so dang hard. I kept sinking up to my knees, I am definitely way too out of shape for that

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like so much fun! I have never been to a snowshoe trail, or really ventured out in the snow haha. Glad you guys had such a wonderful time :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like so much fun! I really need to get up to the mountains to play in the snow before summer ;)
    By the way, I love the new layout of your blog!! I really need a new blog look, got any tips or can point me the right direction?!! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts? Comments? Leave them for me!