I have been up since 4 this morning and I am more than grateful for sleeping in tomorrow.
[insert transitioning paragraph here]
Now, I think it's time for a little running update. I haven't talked about training/running in awhile and I'm sure you all are dying to know!
Well, it's going alright. Nothing spectacular (minus the fact that I can run at least 2.5 miles non-stop!), but then nothing super depressing either. I have learned quite a few things about myself and running in general, so I wanted to share a little with you.
What I've learned from my training so far:
1. I can only run half as much on a treadmill than when I run outside. We got memberships to the Y and I
2. Running is so mental. Seriously. If I'm running and think I can't run a whole lot that day, then I won't. If I'm on a treadmill and there isn't anything really going on around me, I may focus on my running a little too much. Why can't they have TV's at the Y... I'm going to try reading while running and see if it works, if not then I may just have to resort to running outside (which is okay).
3. Underarmor = instant warmth. I put on my Underarmor shirt and instantly became warm. It felt so good! If you are running outside in the cold, I highly recommend getting a nice base layer (tight spandex-y shirt).
4. Running with a partner or good music makes the time FLY. This goes for running with my husband or just my iPod. My favorite partner, however, is this cutie: Conway.
5. I can't push myself too much. I had to take almost a whole week off because my calves were fire. Seriously, I tried to run a mile and they were in so much pain. Same thing happened two days later when I tried again. I don't know if I didn't stretch enough before/after my runs or if I just pushed myself too much. I'm trying to not run so hard so fast right now, so we'll see!
Any good running tips?