Friday, November 30, 2012

Awardies

I have gotten the Liebster award from, actually, two wonderful bloggers these past two months.  I didn't post earlier when Angi nominated me (sorry don't hate me, but I might have forgotten), but last week Lauren nominated me and I am feeling so blessed getting these awards.

I know they (these awards) float around the blogosphere, but it does mean a lot when someone nominates you for anything!

I'm supposed to write facts and then nominate some bloggers, but I'm going to skip the facts and nominations.  Can I actually be honest with you?  I wanted to do this post because I wanted to answer the questions AND most of the bloggers that I would nominate HAVE been nominated.
 
I know I'm awful and lazy.  You can hate me if you want.

I'll have lots of fact posts you can read in the future and here are some previous award/fact posts here and here.




 
Angi's questions:

1.  What band do you listen to the most? 
Currently, I listen to Punch Brothers, Esperanza Spalding, and Mumford & Sons the most.  I just discovered Spotify, though, so I may be trying to find some new groups to listen to.  How did I miss Spotify before?!

2.  If you could change careers to anything in the world, what would you be/do?
I'd love to be a stay-at-home mom/housewife, but if I had to pick a career it would be to own my own dog kennel.  I've wanted to since I was younger and it would be so much fun.  Ideally I'd have a huge house near some water and I'd do dog-sitting.  I don't like dogs at all, couldn't you tell?

3.  Describe the best vacation you've ever taken.
Our honeymoon to Kauai.  It was the best because we went to relax and enjoy married life.  We spent lazy days on the beach and forgot about real-life problems.  Well, that's not totally true because we did deal with money.  You get it, though.


4.  Are you a cat person, a dog person, or a no-pet-person? 
I think you can answer this for yourself.  See question 2.

5.  If you could steal the style of any movie or television star, whose would you steal?
I really don't know how to answer this because I don't really follow celebrities unless they're in one of my favorite shows.  Also, I can't think of a single celebrity's style that I really like because, well, I don't follow their fashion.  Most of the women on Pinterest have great styles.  I'll just take all of theirs. 



Lauren's questions:

If you had a free Saturday, what would you do?
I would either spend a day in my clean house crafting, making a delicious dinner/dessert, and then watching a great movie or TV show on the couch with my husband.  OR I would go out for coffee, followed by a nice hike and then out for a yummy meal filled with calories (with my husband of course)!

What's your favorite "go-to" thing to cook?
Nick and I tend to make some yummy burritos lately.  I'd take those or Costco's black bean chipotle burgers.  We eat those so much.  At least one a week I swear.

What's your favorite book of all time?
This is a really hard question.  I really liked Water for Elephants and the Hunger Games, but The Wedding by Nicholas Sparks still holds a special place for me because I love cheesy novels and that one really surprised me.  I like a lot of books, though and it's hard to pick just one.

What would you do if you won the lottery tomorrow?
I would pay off all of our debt and start looking at houses!  We'd probably invest lots of it,  adult stuff, yuck, but then we'd both go on shopping sprees.  Hello Etsy and a new wardrobe :)
via
What's your dream career?
A part-time teacher and part-time stay at home mom.  I could also take full-time SAHM, but I think once my kids get to be older I'd want something to do.

If you could give the 18 year old version of you advice, what would it be?
Don't worry about boys so much.  Seriously.  Your friends are amazing (and will be for many more years) and you'll meet some amazing people in college.  ENJOY IT!

Of all your Pinterest boards, which is your favorite?
Craft Time or For the Home.  I love both of those and usually look at them a lot!

What's your favorite holiday tradition?
One that I love is that my Oma and Opa host a stocking party for my dad's entire extended family (15+ people) and we open stockings filled with very random things.  Sometimes they're useful and sometimes they're just silly.  Then the throwing of wrapping paper commences once someone has finished unwrapping a gift.

My newest favorite holiday tradition (thanks to my in-laws and Nick) is going out into the forest to cut down our own Christmas tree.  We always went to tree farms (there were some really fun ones, though), but going out into the wilderness to find a tree is so much fun.  Especially when you get to bring sleds and hot chocolate!
Are you a dog or cat person?
Dog.  Always have been and always will be!

What's the first thing you do when you wake up in the morning?
Use the bathroom and brush my teeth.  Very exciting stuff here.

What is your favorite season?
I love spring the most.  Even though in the northwest it means a lot of rain, I love seeing everything bloom, turn green, and the weather starting to warm up.  It also means that it's just about time for sandals and hiking season.



3 comments:

  1. Hahaha...TREAT YO SELF!!

    Love it. And Spotify rules.

    ReplyDelete
  2. :) I have gotten super lazy with the Q&A things. I feel guilty almost. But I love you answers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I should probably go read The Wedding, I always meant to but never got around to it.

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts? Comments? Leave them for me!