Friday, December 16, 2011

Go, go, go!

I feel like I have been going nonstop this entire week!  That's probably why I have been too busy (and maybe a little lazy in need of my breaks).  Our saxophone quartet (sounds so nerdy cool, right?) has started up again and we're doing rehearsals this week.  I also had my first full week of work and being a nanny can really tire you out.  I usually come home and crash with a glass of wine and a good movie or good friends.

We also went to the Chinook Pass area and did our Christmas tree hunting this weekend.  It was a blast!  We went with Nick's family and two other families.  Did I mention that all together I think we had about 20-30 people with us?  That just made it even more fun!  We tried to drive up this side road, but it was way too icy and so we walked a little ways up.  Here we are climbing up the road.




 This is just a taste of the group that we went up with.
 

Just about everyone had a sled with them and that made it even more fun! We stopped to slide down some hills and the best part was sledding down in the ruts all the way down!  I'll just say that my behind was very sore afterwards from all the ice and bumps.


It took awhile to find a tree (it usually does out there), but with the help of Nick's parents we found a pretty nice one.
Here is my wonderful husband being a good man and cutting down the tree for us (it's so nice to have a man around, haha).
 

That was our weekend and a taste of my week.  I am now stuck in this crazy I-want-to-organize-and-decorate-my-entire-house mode.  I think that would be Pinterest's fault.  I see so many beautiful houses and ways to organize the house.  Being in a small rental (that's also very old, can you say wood paneling) doesn't really help.  I'm currently trying to figure out how I can make the most of what we have and not break the bank.  

I don't want to make this a rant so I will control my tongue, or I guess fingers in this case, and stop there.  I hope you are all having a good week.  TGIF!!


1 comment:

Thoughts? Comments? Leave them for me!