Monday, December 5, 2011

Holiday Blog Challenge: Day 6


Happy Monday everyone!  I hope you had a wonderful weekend.  We hosted our first party last night and it was a blast! We had a white elephant gift exchange with spiked hot chocolate.  Yum!  One of our good friends even brought beer cupcakes which were amazing and didn't even taste like beer! (I don't like beer, but I liked these)  I'll have to ask her for the recipe so I can share it with you. 

I also want to thank my followers!  It's so exciting to have followers.  It makes me want to blog more.  If you follow me I will make sure to follow you back! :)

Anyways, onto day 6 of the Fabulous Blog Challenge!

Today's topic is Christmas treat/dessert recipe.

I'm bummed that I don't have a picture of this, but my FAVORITE Christmas dessert recipe is one that I've had since I was a kid with my grandma.  They're called French Frango Mint Frozen Desserts.  They are so amazing.  It's a ball of chocolately goodness :)

Here is the recipe
Ingredients:
  - 1 lb of butter
  - 2 C. of powdered sugar
  - 4 squares of unsweetened chocolate, melted
  - 1 tsp. of vanilla
  - 3/4 tsp. of peppermint extract
  - 4 eggs

Directions:
Cream together butter and powdered sugar.  Add remaining ingredients except eggs.  Beat into mixture 1 egg at a time, mixing quite well between each egg.  Pout into about 20 cupcake paper lined muffin tins.  Sprinkle with crushed candy canes.  Freeze then serve!

I will have to post pictures once I make them.  Let me know if you make it and how you like it.  If you like chocolate, you'll love them.

What are your favorites?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts? Comments? Leave them for me!