Sunday, January 13, 2013

High School Alison

There was a time when I was in high school.

Unbelievable, I know.  But I was there and did, in fact, graduate.

I'm sure you are all very skeptical of this, so I am going to share with you "High School Alison."  An Alison from 5+ years ago.  Seriously, how does time go that fast?

Please refrain from giggling until you've reached the end.  Ah, whatever.  Giggle all you want :)

First off, you must know that I was a huge band nerd.  I lived in the band room (minus freshman year when I was still figuring things out).  My friends and I, when we could, would eat lunch in the band room with our band director. 



 
 Some proof of my nerdiness.  My friends and I became the "3 BG's" - meaning 3 band geeks - and made ourselves some awesome t-shirts with our little "cheer".



I was involved in jazz band, pep band, a musical pit (at a totally different school), and summer jazz camps.

School colors were green and gold and this was spirit day.  That's why our faces were painted and we're wearing silly outfits.


My Friday nights/weekends involved movie nights and bonfires.  You should also know that my friends and I never drank.  We never really swore either.  We just hung out and got high on life, dude.

 My best friend lived in the country and they had a big gravel pit so we could have big bonfires if we so desired.


My best friend and I made puppy chow ALL. THE. TIME.  I don't know why we did, but we were addicted.  Most of the time someone would end up throwing it during the movie and we'd find it weeks later under couch cushions.
See all that chex mix?  Serious sugar coming.

I was also involved in golf the last three years of high school.  Unfortunately I only have one picture of me golfing.  You get the idea, though.

Not a very good picture, but at least I have a ball and club!


My friends and I were also very crazy.  We would wander around stores taking funny pictures and planned a couple of new year's eve parties that were very fun and non-alcoholic, of course.




My best friend and I went to prom and tolo together.  Once we went as each others' dates.



I had short hair most of my high school career and even did the whole bleach blonde on top with dark underneath.

Proof.

I even graduated from high school and left to go to college across the mountains.  You'll get some fun pictures from that time later, promise.



There you have it.  High School Alison.  And a major photo dump.  I hope you enjoyed looking at a younger me!  Maybe I'll scan some older ones for you to giggle over.   

9 comments:

  1. love it! :) your HS experience is similar to mine - band nerd (drama too), with a great group of friends who just "got high on life". it was so fun. we still hangout every xmas/thanksgiving "break" if we can...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! This is awesome! I need to find some old pictures of me and do a old Nikki post!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha - I love old pictures!!! I wasn't in band in high school, but I was part of a youth symphony outside of school - so I can somewhat relate to the music nerdiness of that age. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an awesome post!!! I love looking at old pictures!!! Except 5 years out of high school is nothing... Just wait. I'm at 13 years.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these! Someday I will get my old pictures up. These are some of my favorite posts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hahaha so great! I did a similar high school post. And I was TOTALLY a band geek too! Clarinet. Concert band, jazz band, and (ugh) marching band. But I also did show choir and dance and piano lessons too. I was a little insane.

    I used to make puppy chow too!! OMG now I'm craving it. I haven't had it since high school.

    I think we must've graduated about the same time!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yess, another band geek! I love it! I played the clarinet from 5th grade until 12th grade, and I was also in pep band. Other than that, I was kind of the "rebel band member" if that is even such a thing. I ate sour skittles during class, and probably ruined my clarinet!

    Great pictures...I love seeing photos from HS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's awesome! I was in band in high school until I quit in grade 11. Fun times.

    For the record, we pretty much had the same hair except mine was blonde on the bottom instead. It was an excellent style, except now it reminds me of mom hair.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ahh I love this! I was also a major band geek- and played the saxophone! Regular band, jazz band and marching band! I need to find some pics of that..the uniforms.... oh what a hot mess! Great post!

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts? Comments? Leave them for me!