Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Life lately

Why, yes.  I do still exist!

And, so does this...

D0561f08abf2222cbdb6dcc32af886ab_width_600x
That, my friends, is a cloned sample of Justin Bieber's DNA.  Now you too can forever carry around the Bieber.  
via

Well that was a bit of an unplanned blogging break.

I hope none of you were let down, because I really didn't mean to ditch you all for so long.  Life somehow tends to get in the way of things.  Well, mostly blogging things actually.

Blogging tends to get put on the back burner when my life gets busy.  That and crafts.  Don't get me started on all the projects I have stacking up that are half completed.

I blame it all on the job during the week.  I work 5-5, get home, shower, eat, and spend an hour or so doing something - usually watching Downton Abbey - and then sink into bed.  It's a pretty boring life I lead Monday thru Thursday.  Hence the lack of blog posts during those days usually.

I do have breaks in my day, but I find that I tend to take a nap then.  I mean, how else am I going to get my 8+ hours of sleep? 

I did do some things this week/weekend that are worth noting.


We bought a juicer.  Yes!  Nick has been wanting one for awhile and he did some research and found one he really likes at Fred Meyer.  

via
We've done some juicing before when we went on our week-long fruit and veggie fast, but we're going to need some more juicing ideas.  If you have a juicer or know any good juicing recipes send them my way!

It will be fun to add juices to our routine - besides the smoothies we drink quite often.


Meal planning.  I realized the other day that with my busy/awkward work schedule we don't always have time to cook meals.  Nick has been incredibly busy with all of his music things and he doesn't always have time to cook dinner some days.  This means that I may come home and eat a PB & J sandwich because I don't have that much time to whip up something.

via
Therefore, I've decided to start meal planning.  Meaning that we'll probably start doing more crock-pot meals, frozen on the weekend, so I can throw it in in the morning and come home to an actual dinner.  Sometimes PB & J or Trader Joe's mac 'n cheese just doesn't cut it.  

I'm also going to try and make bigger meals on the weekend so we can have leftovers during the week.

Did you know that it's not super easy to find crock-pot meals that don't involve tons of meat, cream of whatever soups, or cheese?  We aren't vegans, but we don't like to eat meat ALL the time - it's also very expensive to do that - and I really don't like using the cream of soups.  They aren't the healthiest of things.

Anyways, I'm saying all this for more advice.  If you have/know of any good recipes that I could make in big batches or throw in a crock-pot, let me know!  I'm so glad Pinterest is around these days for this reason.


And just because I love you all...
via

4 comments:

  1. I can't get myself to buy a juicer. Please convince me. Now. They are so bulky & I'm such a baby!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want a juicer sooooo bad but produce here is SO EXPENSIVE that it defeats the purpose of making your own juice. Sad faces.

    I love my crock pot! My most recent favorite recipe is sweet potato quinoa chili. I'll email you the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm making this tomorrow! It's the best!
    http://crockpot365.blogspot.com/2008/03/french-onion-soup-crockpot-recipe.html
    Also, all her recipes are GF so no "cream" soups. I don't like that stuff either.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to have you back! Sounds like you work long shifts - I would have to take a nap during the day too!
    Love the juicer!
    Crock pot meals are the best. My favorite so far to make in it is homemade chicken noodle soup. Yum!

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts? Comments? Leave them for me!