Tuesday, March 27, 2012

What's on your bookshelf?

Since graduating college, my husband and I have been reading books like crazy.  We have to catch up for all that time spent reading textbooks in college.

I wanted to show you some of our books that we've been collecting (mostly from Goodwill and used book stores, 'cause that's how we roll).  It's so much fun reading a good book and then finding it for sale somewhere.


So, what's on our bookshelf?



Let's start with the hubby's books.  My husband has a crazy assortment of books he likes to read.  They tend to be classic books like The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde or A Farewell to Arms by Ernest Hemingway.

He also really likes to read books by authors like Chuck Palahniuk and Cormac McCarthy.  Those are his favorites at the moment.




My collection of books (currently) tend to be best sellers, I'm a sucker for a well-reviewed book, and books that have been recommended to me by people that I respect.


The Hunger Games, Water for Elephants, Eat, Pray, Love, and anything by Sherman Alexie, are just a few that I have collected recently. 




It's easy for my husband to find new books/authors to read because he was raised with such a great and diverse literary background.  I have found that for me to really want to read a new book by a new author, I have to have a great review by somebody that I respect.  Is that weird?

That's just a piece of our life and something that we both enjoy doing whenever we have the time to.

What's on your bookshelf?



1 comment:

  1. it's not weird :) as for me, i used to go to the library every week and just pick "new" books off the shelves based on the title/cover. i'm a reading fiend so i go through a ton of books. while i still do that, i like amazon.com and goodreads.com as you can read reviews of book and find tons of other books on a subject/theme/genre that you might not have otherwise just using your (small) local library. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts? Comments? Leave them for me!