Thursday, July 19, 2012

Guest Post: Casey from Everyday Adventures

I'm glad you all get to meet my next guest blogger.  We met only a few weeks ago via the blog world and I'm so glad we did!  Her name is Casey and she blogs at Everyday Adventures here today.  Her and her husband are very cute and even better, they only live one state away from me!  Show her some love and become her newest follower.  Do it!


:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Hey all! My name is Casey and I write at a blog called Everyday Adventures. I like to think of it as a way to share my daily adventures in crafting, cooking, teaching... really whatever pops into my head. Today, I would love to share a little recipe with you all. This is a great make ahead recipe. It is perfect to give a new mom/family, its full of veggies and can be tweaked to fit whatever is in season or whatever your tastes are.

I found this recipe last year when I was scouring the Internet for new ways to fix zucchini. Zucchini is one of those plants that you have to be a moron to kill off.


Oh wait, that's a picture of my "garden." Seriously I don't know how I killed it. It must have been defective. Or something. Do you know who doesn't kill off zucchinis? The grocery store. So that's where I went.

Zucchini Casserole

  • 3 zucchinis- sliced (or the giant one that was hiding under the leaves in the garden)
  • 1 small onion- sliced
  • handful of baby carrots
  • 1 package of sliced mushrooms (Usually they are the same price as the bulk mushrooms)
  • 1 small head of broccoli- chopped
  • 1 container of plain Greek yogurt (I decided to swap out the sour cream with the Greek yogurt. This was mostly due to it being healthier expiration dates.)
  • 1 box Stove Top Stuffing Mix (I shop the sales, and Stove Top was not on sale today. Hy-Top it is!)
  • 1 can cream of something soup 
  • 1/2 c. butter, melted
  • Red pepper flake
  • Parmesan cheese

Slice vegetables and place in a large pot filled with water. Bring water (with vegetables) to a boil. Get annoyed that your pot is too small and you never really see a boil. Let boil for 2-3 minutes and then remove from heat. Drain vegetables. Set aside.


Mix together the yogurt and cream of something soup.


Melt the butter and pour on top of the stuffing mix.  Combine until the stuffing is moist. Add red pepper flakes to the stuffing mix.


In a 9x13 pan, pour 1/2 of the stuffing mix on the bottom of the pan. Add the drained vegetables on top of the stuffing. Spread the sour cream and soup mixture on top of the vegetables. Cover with the rest of the stuffing mix on top. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.


Here is the stopping point if you are giving it away or are making it ahead of time. Wrap it up and put it in the fridge.


When you are ready, bake it at 350 for 30 minutes or so until its bubbly and brown.



Enjoy!


Thanks Alison for letting me guest post for you! I hope you like this recipe, it's one of our favorites around here. If you try it, let me know how you liked it or what changes you made to it!


:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts? Comments? Leave them for me!