Friday, June 1, 2012

A lemony tip + salad dressing recipe!


Our house has gone crazy these past 2 weeks!  We have been cooking, creating, and making way too many things.  My husband has been doing most of these, but still, it's insane!

I want to share two things with you today and then I'll share the rest later (including homemade beef jerky,  kombucha, and hiking candy bars)

 First!  I found this fabulous idea from an even more fabulous blogger. 

Check out this series from Carolina Charm about all these handy homemaker tips. 
I looked at some of these and went, what?!  Why didn't I think of that?

For example, putting plastic wrap under the lids of bottles when you travel (duh!) and even using toothpaste on the backs of picture frames to mark where to nail/screw in the wall!

Anyways, you should go check out those tips because they are amazing.

I stole borrowed one and decided to try it out myself. 

Here it is.

You slice up lemons and freeze them in muffin tins with water.  Then all you do is drop it in a glass of water and viola!  You have lemon water whenever you want.  You don't have to have fresh lemons cut up all the time and you can buy a whole bunch of lemons when they're in season and freeze 'em!

I love it.  It works so well!

.....


Pinterest has provided me with even more goodies.   This time it's another salad dressing!

Cilantro Lime Vinaigrette.

This dressing was amazing!   I found it from Our Best Bites and made it for myself.

Here it is:
1/4 c. lime juice (about 2-3 limes) I added a little extra squirt on top of this
1/4 c. white wine vinegar or rice vinegar
4-5 cloves garlic (we used a little extra because we LOVE garlic)
1/2 tsp. Kosher or sea salt (we used sea salt)
2 tsp. sugar
1 c. canola oil (we used vegetable oil)
1/2 c. roughly chopped cilantro, stems removed (I also added a little extra because we love more flavor)

Put it all in a blender and blend!  Taste it after you blend it and see if it needs anything (I added extra cilantro part way through)

Ours was pretty runny, but still really tasty!



Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts? Comments? Leave them for me!