Monday, June 4, 2012

Our Wedding [3]: Photoshoot

Welcome back to our wedding series!  Please read part 1 and part 2 if you haven't yet.




<----- Part 3: The Photoshoot ----->

Location
The photoshoot was taken at the local arboretum.  I noticed it before the wedding and when it came time to choose a place to take our pictures, we wanted something that was green and involved trees.  Getting married in Yakima, WA during summertime isn't the best place for that since most of the hills are brown and forests are about a 30-45 minute drive away.  I was not going to sit in my wedding dress in a car for that long!  Anyways, it was perfect!

Photographer
We ended up choosing a photographer that I was acquaintances with in high school!  Stefan Elmer PhotographyPlease go check out their website!  They were amazing.  Him and his wife were there and were really fun to be around.  They made the pictures fun and had lots of ideas to go with ours.

We all got ready at the church beforehand.  The girls and I all got our hair done at a local salon and they also did my makeup there - they did an awesome job!



Of course, not everyday can be completely perfect...

Somehow there was a miscommunication between my dad, brother, and I, but we wanted to make sure that we all went together to the arboretum (of course the guys and girls were going separate).  We waited for my brother to get there and somehow my brother thought the pictures were going to be taken later.

I may have gotten really stressed out at this point

The girls and I ended up going to the arboretum after waiting for about 15 minutes while the guys decided to wait for my brother and then head over there.

It actually wasn't too bad since we were able to take some pictures of just me and the bridesmaids.

My brother ended up being about 20 minutes late (even after we left 15 minutes before).

After stressing and freaking out, we had our pictures taken and I ended up totally forgetting that there was even a problem! There wasn't ever really a big problem.

Here are just a few of the photos taken at the arboretum.  My only wish is that there were more of everyone together.  That's just because we were trying to rush a bit getting all of the important pictures done in time.




We leftover mustaches from the bachelorette party.  We had some fun :)

Sneaking up on my husband-to-be for the "first look"










We were supposed to take family pictures before the ceremony, but we were tight on time (because of the whole brother incident) so we took them after the ceremony.  Here are just a few of them!









1 comment:

  1. those mustaches are SUCH a cute idea... love, love, love!

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts? Comments? Leave them for me!