Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Engagement Story

I haven't talked about our engagement story and I think it's a great time to tell you all.  It's such a great story.  I apologize if it seems long, but I want to make sure the details get talked about. :)

The ring he picked out all by himself!

Nick had this surprise date planned in Seattle and I had no idea what we were doing or where we were going to go.  Note, I was really hoping this would be the day he was going to propose.

Anyways, we got to Seattle and Nick took me to our first stop.  Kayaking on Lake Union!  It was so much fun.  We went a few miles and kayaked through the arboretum.  It was gorgeous and incredibly romantic!

Then, Nick took me park hopping around the area.  We went to Volunteer and another artsy park downtown.  They were really fun and we just walked, holding hands, while enjoying the wonderful weather!  Pretty good for Seattle!

We then got changed in the park bathroom (kind of gross, but hey, I was on cloud 9!) and left to go to dinner.  While we were getting into the car, however, my dress strap broke! I was so upset because I wanted the whole day to be perfect and it was also a new dress.  Nick, being the knight in shining armor, had a great idea and fixed my dress with a key chain (it was very small and actually worked!).  He took me to the Pink Door near Pike's Place Market.  The food was amazing and we even got entertained by a trapeze artist!  I'd recommend it to anyone in the Seattle area.

It was after dinner and Nick hadn't proposed yet.  I was 90% sure it wasn't going to happen that night, but we went to one last park (Kerry Park) that looks out onto the city skyline.  We got there and there were a lot of people.  It was still dark and beautiful.  We turned back to go to the car and that's when it happened.

He turned around to hug me and told me that he loved me and that we wanted to spend the rest of his life with me.  He said he had a question to ask me.  He pulled the ring out of his shirt pocket and got down on one knee and asked.  I was in shock and I didn't know what was happening, but of course I said "YES!"



And that's our story.

This is at Kerry Park from our engagement photos :)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts? Comments? Leave them for me!