Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Top 10 Tuesday: Soundtracks

Three posts in one day!  Hooray!  Isn't it fun to rhyme on accident?

Anyways, I'm about to pull out my hair now.  Life keeps doing barrel rolls.  I have spent the last hour doing a serious budget look-over.  *sigh*

I think we're moving, but life likes to throw in little surprises and the job that I just got offered doesn't seem as good as it used to.  I think I'm still going to take it, but we need some serious discussing first.  We'll figure it out!

Now, on to more fun things.  Today I'm going to link up with Amanda for Top Ten Tuesday.  All you have to do is make a list of 10 things.  I love lists!


Anyways, I'm in love with movie soundtracks (my husband just rolls his eyes).  I enjoy great music that is fun to listen to even without the movie!  So, here is my list of top 10 movie soundtracks. Note: they are not in any particular order.

1.  The Holiday - Hans Zimmer.  This music is so fun and cute and it makes me smile when I listen to it. 

2.  Hook - John Williams.  A great movie and I love John Williams.


3.  Pride and Prejudice - Dario Marianelli & Jean-Yves Thibaudet.  I love piano music and the soundtrack to this is really easy to listen to and it's so flowing and beautiful.

4.  Inception - Hans Zimmer.  This soundtrack is so intense!  It's really fun to listen to.

5.  Lord of the Rings - Howard Shore.  LOVE!  I love the choir with the orchestra and the variety in each song. 



6.  The Red Violin - John Corigliano.  Joshua Bell is such an amazing violinist and the music for this movie was really good.

7.  Star Wars - John Williams.  If I could, I would put all of John Williams on here.  I love his music.

8.  The Graduate - Simon and Garfunkel.  While the movie is just weird and crazy, Simon and Garfunkel are awesome.

9.  The Music Man - Meredith Willson.  I figured I should include some musicals (I love musicals!) and this is one that is so much fun to sing along to.

10.  The Phantom of the Opera - Andrew Lloyd Webber.  I love the horn lines in the orchestral parts and the singing is so great!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thoughts? Comments? Leave them for me!