Monday, January 16, 2012

A little recap

I have been a little busy lately and have only posted linkups or random posts, but nothing really worth reading.  Or so I think

This past weekend was spent moving and packing/unpacking.  I can't believe how fast it all went.  We had my parents and a few friends come over with two trucks and a furniture truck.  We packed it all in 1 hour.  ONE HOUR!  It all happened so fast!  We then drove over the mountain pass and unpacked the trucks in about 30 minutes.  I came to my grandparent's (where we're staying currently) and just wanted to stop for a second and rest.  We soaked in the hot tub and it was so amazing.

Over the night we got about 3 inches of snow and the roads were awful!  I drove to my meeting, however (which is about 20 minutes away), to find out that it was cancelled!  Why didn't anyone call me?!  So frustrating!  I had to drive all the back, in the nasty snow/ice, and hang out at home.

We're supposed to get around 5-15 inches between now and Thursday morning.  Crazy!

On a brighter note, some friends made a huge 9 1/2 ft. snowman!

Isn't he cute?!  I love his smirk :)
That was a lot of fun.  Then we played Disney/Pixar Monopoly for about 5 hours.  What a great way to finish a not so great day.  I'm hoping we can go sledding/play in the snow soon.  My new work hours don't permit a lot of fun free-time, week-day fun.  I work from 9:30 - 6:30.  What kind of hours are those?!  I would much rather work earlier than later.  Hmph. 

Anyways, I hope you enjoyed that wonderful story/recap/mini-rant.  I'm a little bummed my linkup didn't get anybody.  That's okay though, right?  It's new and I'm new.  Someday it will all workout. 

Before I go...


You must  check this out.  Randee's Organized Chaos is hosting this linky party where you submit your blog address and a fellow blogger will critique it anonymously!  This is so great!  I hope you link up.  This is an awesome opportunity! I think it is :)

2 comments:

  1. that's so funny that you posted about that link-up because I just entered another link-up that does the exact same thing! love it. so if you are looking to get more critiques head over here and sign up: http://threeyearsofdeath.blogspot.com/2012/01/get-blog-feedback-linky-party.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! I'm gonna join in on BOTH link-ups. Sounds fun! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thoughts? Comments? Leave them for me!